After much investigation, we found out that the drone would not fly straight from the box. We had to initially hack the tablets and the phones to reveal the developer options, which I might add was easy once we figured out why the mobile devices were not connecting to the drone remote until we turned on the usb debugging which was basically a tick box.
If you are wondering where these are on your tablet – To enable Developer Options, open the Settings screen, scroll down to the bottom, and tap About phone or About tablet. Scroll down to the bottom of the About screen and find the Build number. Tap the Build number field seven times to enable Developer Options
Once this was done, it was just a question of updating the drone, remote and go app (7 firmware updates I believe it was which took a few hours) and so it was time to test it out at a remote spot. The blades were affixed and Curtis started up the drone from a safe distance and it burst into life. It was like watching your first child being born with all the anticipation and excitement and it really did deliver the goods.
The battery only lasted about 15 mins from being fully charged to letting him know that it was getting low. These are around $280 each so we will have to get a few of these on order to give him plenty of flying time in one stretch.
It takes amazing video as we compared it against what the mobile phone took of the same spot and it was just night and day between the two videos. We are just waiting on the insurance to come through now and then get Curtis into some official training to comply with Transport Canada and it will be onwards and upwards.